Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, May 19, 2006

The United States of Mexico

The United States of Mexico
Written by Burt Prelutsky
Friday, May 19, 2006


Sometimes, when I hear people objecting to illegal aliens on the grounds that they represent a security risk, I find myself shaking my head. To me, that sounds as if they wouldn’t have a problem with America’s porous southern border if only it weren’t for the tragic events of 9/11. The implication is that we wouldn’t object to all those millions of people sneaking into our country, except for those few bad apples who might be looking to level Los Angeles with a suitcase bomb.



These folks are entitled to their opinion, but they certainly don’t speak for me. My objection is based on the fact that I don’t like unwelcome guests. I don’t like them in my house and I don’t want them in my country.



Because we’re speaking, for the most part, about Mexicans, that opens me up to a charge of racism. So be it. In a society in which such repulsive characters as Barry Bonds, Cynthia McKinney, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Harry Belafonte, and O.J. Simpson, deflect all manner of criticism by attributing it to white racists, the word has lost virtually all meaning.

More @ http://tinyurl.com/pytlq chronwatch

Some have said that the Hoo Haw over the invaders is because most of them are Mexicans and I'm a racist because I don't want them here. So I'm a racist, so what? I fail to see how that changes the price of buttermilk in Kansas! If the invaders were from Ireland, Scotland, or England where my ancestors came from, I still wouldn't want them here. Just because I don't like Mexicans doesn't mean I like other nations nationals any better. Hell I don't even like most Americans who were born and bred here! I've never found any other country I want to live in and keeping my country the way I want it is my right!

Like I said before, "Stop all immigration from any where period, no exceptions." That way the playing field would be level and no racism charges could be leveled.

|