Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 18, 2006

WHY I WILL DRAG MY SORRY ASS TO THE POLLS ON NOVEMBER 6

WHY I WILL DRAG MY SORRY ASS TO THE POLLS ON NOVEMBER 6
CATEGORY: Politics
Call me a masochist. Accuse me of being simple-minded. Laugh at my naivete. Weep over my stupidity. But unless something horrific happens to change my mind between now and election day, I plan on trudging down the street to our 100 year old city hall and doing my civic and patriotic duty by voting Republican on November 6.

For a while, I toyed with the idea of staying home on election day. Then it hit me; my reasons for doing so reminded me of what a seven year old does when he solemnly announces to all assembled that he is running away from home for good and never coming back and don’t try and talk him out of it because he’s made up his mind.

Stifling snickers, the parents bid their charge adieu. Invariably, after walking a block or two, our young runaway will realize there’s no where to go and returns home, suitably chastened by the experience.

Now don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying that those who wish to sit on their hands in November are acting like petulant, foot stomping, spoiled little children who are throwing a tantrum because they’re not getting their way and will therefore “punish” their party by staying home on election day. (“I’ll show ‘em! I’ll show ‘me all!”)

Then again, maybe I am.

More @ http://tinyurl.com/fwhq6 rightwingnuthouse

I plan on voting in November as well! I just don't plan on voting for any Republicans. I don't take kindly to being lied to, sold-out, back stabbed, and then called disloyal by Republicans because I won't bow down to "Bush Can Do No wrong". I plan on 'Yellow Dog Dem'ing' it from A to Z. I'm a vengeful man and I plan on vengeance!

|