Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Latrobe Employee's Daughter Petitions to Keep Rolling Rock at Latrobe


Latrobe Employee's Daughter Petitions to Keep Rolling Rock at Latrobe

Beer News posted by Todd / 05-26-2006

We were just sent this by Christina M. Gumola, daughter of a Latrobe employee with 22 years invested, who is urging A-B to keep Rolling Rock at Latrobe.

There's also an on-line petition that you can sign - at the time of posting this there are 6230 Total Signatures, and rising ... quickly.

http://www.petitiononline.com/save33/petition.html

And the following is the letter she sent to Anheuser-Busch's board members. A very interesting, thoughtful and personal take on A-B's recent purchase of Latrobe, though I'm not sure A-B would entertain such a request or even care at this point as the purchase of the brand, and just the brand, is done.

InBev? Highly doubtful they'd care - closing breweries and axing jobs is their forte.

Here's to trying though!

--- (by Christina M. Gumola)

To Whom It May Concern:

It was on Friday May 19, 2006, when I received a phone call from my father Richard Pavlik, who is a 22 year long employee of Latrobe Brewing Company, when I got the news. "The label was bought by Anheuser-Busch for $82 million." I quickly asked about the future of his job in which he replied, "I have 60 days then I no longer have a job." Immediately I broke down in tears for many reasons, one of which was my concern for the well-being of my parents and the effect this job loss will have on their lives. I have to admit that along with my sadness, I was very angry. "How could someone do this to, not only my father and the other 200+ employees of Latrobe Brewing Company, but to a whole community whose livelihood revolved around their pride and commitment to Latrobe Brewing Company-more specifically Rolling Rock beer."

More @ http://tinyurl.com/mxj85 beeradvocate More related here http://tinyurl.com/s7ogb snopes & here http://tinyurl.com/q9u6f pittsburghlive

R/R was my brand of choice for nearly 30 years. Now Bud has bought it out RIP R/R.

|