Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Jill Carroll: 'I'm just happy to be free'

Jill Carroll: 'I'm just happy to be free'
BAGHDAD (AP) — Wearing a green Islamic head scarf, American reporter Jill Carroll walked into an Iraqi political party office Thursday, set free nearly three months after being kidnapped in a bloody ambush that killed her translator. (On Deadline: Jill Carroll freed)

American reporter Jill Carroll was set free Thursday, nearly three months after she was kidnapped in Iraq.
AP

"I was treated well, but I don't know why I was kidnapped," Carroll said on Baghdad television, only weeks after she appeared weeping in a video put out by kidnappers who had threatened to kill her.

Her family thanked "the generous people around the world who worked officially or unofficially" to gain her freedom. Her father, Jim, said he was asleep in his North Carolina home when the phone rang at about 6 a.m. (Related video: Kidnapped journalist freed)

"Hi, Dad. This is Jill. I'm released," the voice on the other end said, he told CNN.

No details were given about the circumstances surrounding her release. The U.S. ambassador said there was no ransom paid by the American embassy, but his remarks left open the question of whether "arrangements" were made by others.

In Washington, a Pentagon spokesman said the U.S. military was not involved in Carroll's release.

More @ http://tinyurl.com/f63yr USA Today

OK well I've got an opinion about this. (Now that's a surprise isn't it!)

I don't think this woman was ever kidnapped, I think it was all a set up! I think it was all a charade to either write a book/write many articles/go on the lecture tour/hope it would make the US look bad and we would bargain for her release. I also think the translator was thrown under the bus to make it all look legit! Personally I believe it was all the afore mentioned. You'll notice in her pictures this twit is dressed like one of the female moon-bats from the big cat box in the Middle East.

|